Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Raes - Dancing Up A Storm (1979)


     this is one of my favourite disco records ever. it was put out and recorded in 1979, right around the corner from me here in Toronto. 6 of the 7 tracks are catchy uptempo disco. the opening track A Little Lovin' (Keeps The Doctor Away) was what really got me into this. i had heard the track and always kept an eye open for the record. Get Up And Dance is super catchy, second favourite track. my other favourite has to be Don't Make Waves, the strings on that one are insane. Boogie ShoesDon't Turn Around and School are all great uptempo disco cuts too. the slower Honest I Do is good enough for a mention here. the Raes actually had a show on CBC for a while too. here's a really great and fast live performance of Get Up And Dance from that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment